Every day at work I deal with moose; big, stubborn, temperamental moose.

They are adding on to one of the runways so we have to chase moose out of the open construction zone. The construction gate guards into the secured part of the airport know their jobs are gone if a moose gets past them so they call us if they see one remotely close.

We move these big boys by using the truck and a paintball gun, we don't shoot them with the paintballs, just the sound of something in the grass by them is enough. Once they get heading in one direction they keep moving in that direction, so we have to be careful getting them heading in the right direction. They will charge if they lose their temper, just ask my supervisor.

These Sandhill Cranes are hanging out just off the costal trail I ride to work on. They are a cool bird, standing about 3 feet tall. I hope these few don't wander over into the airfields because we will take them out in there, unlike using the paintball gun the shotgun doesn't leave survivors. They are WAY too big to be anywhere near the airfield.

.
fun pictures. You do look like Shrek with the extra ears :). I like the moose pictures and cranes. How fun!
ReplyDeleteI guess I don't remember looking at the moose pictures. They are really fun.
ReplyDeleteI've got a lot of moose pictures!
ReplyDelete